What is your plan for 2020?
The year 2020 is coming faster than we all imagined. It is coming with the gift of 365 days brand new days to be spent just the way you like.
Man of Valour, you cannot afford not to start planning now. The year 2020 is the year for those who are prepared. You be surprised to know that the most successful people has already concluded plans for 202. It so because although 2019 has been a great year, it is leaving us behind, and ther is nothing anyone can do about it.
Anything that has not worked this year, 2019, should not hold you down. It has to be a stepping stone and a challenge to get things right in 2020. The dimension thing took in 2019 can be improved in 2020 for a better result.
It starts with a plan.
What is a plan?
A plan is a road map to a specific goal. For a man of valour, a plan is the actions that must be taken to unleash the man in you in 2020.
A plan that is workable. A plan that is time bound. A plan that work, faith and prayer will gloriously reveal. A plan that will unleash the man in you.
That is what 2020 is all about.
Man of Valour, it is time to start planning for 2020. What do you want 2020 to be for you? Have you thought of those goals you want to achieve in 2020? Now is the time to start thinking about them. Put them on paper. The most successful people have already planned their 2020. They have it on paper written down.
Why you must have a plan for 2020
A man of Valour is man of targets. He is a quiver. He does not repeat his mistakes. A plan will help you avoid the useless mistakes of 2019.
Without a plan, the 356 days in 2020 will come and go, and you would not even know what you did with it. I guess that is not what you want.
Goals and plans sets you apart from 2020 time wasters and energy suckers.
Plans lay the road map to your goals and sets your actions and decisions to align with the activities that actualize those goals.
Goals and plans take you to the altar of discipline and character.
When you have a plan, you have a vision tied to your life purpose. Then you have a direction from January 1st 2020.
How many goals can you set for yourself in 2020?
I typically suggest that you set at least five (5) must do goals for yourself. More than five will be a stretch, which is till ok if you can achieve them.
How to set your goals
Set your goals using the popular acronym – SMART. This means that your 2020 goals must be:
M- Measurable (Give numbers)
A- Achievable (Let be within your stretched resources)
R-Relevant to your Purpose
T-Time Bound (Give it a time)
How to define your goals
Below are examples and five areas you can focus on. You can use them if you like.
Set goal(s) about your Spiritual Life.
- To study all the New Testament books, Matthew to Revelation, before the end of July 2020.
- To carryout a 3 days retreat personal retreat in May and pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit
Set goal(s) about your finances.
- To increase my personal savings from N100,000 to N200,000 by December, 2020 and reduce the money I spent travelling and eliminate the money I spend on drinking.
- To open a new business to sell men shoes online by October 31, 2020.
Set goal(s) about your family positioning.
- To propose to my fiancé by July 2020 and complete my wedding rights by December 21, 2020.
- To buy one plot of land in xxxx for building my family house (Village, Abuja or wherever) and complete the survey, by December 2020 .
- To relocate my children to a more prosperous school (xxxx school) by September, 2020.
Set goal(s) about your career or business.
- To enroll into ICAN professional exam in January 2020 and qualify as a chattered accountant before October 2020.
- To apply for a Supervisor position in my company and change my role by by December 2020.
Set goal(s) about your relationship
- To stop hanging out with bad influencer, friend and that affect my relationship.
- To send birthday cards to 10 close business associates in 2020.
Start Now and Do not give up.
Start Now: Do not wait until February 2020 to start planning. Just start now.
Man of Valour, we are not afraid of responsibility. They are not afraid of failure. To be in control of big things, is what we a born for.
Nine times out of ten may count failure, 2020 will be the tenth time, and you will succeed. They put it in their one-year plan and thought about what would happen if it failed, considering this, they know how to create success from failure because they’ve foreseen it already.
While so many things in life throw us curveballs, your own success and goals should not be a surprise to you.
When you make it, you should be able to say you worked hard for it.
Be a Man of Valour. Unleash the man in You…